Impels sentence example
- It takes a view of these, approves or disapproves, impels to or restrains from action.
- The principle of reason and consequent, the necessity of thinking each given fact of perception as conditioned, impels understanding towards an endless series of identical propositions, the records of successive comparisons and abstractions.
- She feared for her brother who was in it, was horrified by and amazed at the strange cruelty that impels men to kill one another, but she did not understand the significance of this war, which seemed to her like all previous wars.
- somewhat slow flapping of which impels the body at each stroke with a manifest though easy jerk.
- It impels the church to diligence in its work of worship, care and prayer (13-18), and in the reclamation of the erring (19-20).Advertisement