Impel sentence example
- Impel is done in a wrap style and is ultra lightweight yet durable.
- impel the old media to renewal or convergence.
- This can only impel them to bear courageous witness to that " good news " which gives meaning to their entire existence.
- impel even the most ardent pacifist to join a resistance movement.
- While the republics of Italy, and above all the state of Venice, were engaged in distributing the rich products of India and the Far East over the Western world, it was impossible that motives of curiosity, as well as a desire of commercial advantage, should not be awakened to such a degree as to impel some of the merchants to visit those remote lands.Advertisement
- Mental curiosity or restlessness may also impel you to take a short trip or visit.
- For him it was no new conviction that his presence in any part of the world, from Africa to the steppes of Muscovy alike, was enough to dumfound people and impel them to insane self-oblivion.
- Mill tried to reconcile criminal law and its punishments with his very hard type of determinism by saying that law was needed in order to weight the scale, and in order to hold out a prospect of penalties which might deter from crime and impel towards good citizenship, so Paley held that virtue was not merely obedience to God but obedience " for 1 Criticism of the scheme, from the point of view of an idealist theism, will be found in John Caird's Introduc to the Phil.
- instinctus, from instinguere, to incite, impel) as employed in general literature and the term "instinct" as used in scientific discourse.
- Habit, close and tufted; 6 inches high; affording in June and July a wealth of glowing purple, pendent, bell-shaped flowers that impel admiration.