Impatiens sentence example
- Rare plants, such as touch-me-not balsam Impatiens noli-tangere and alpine enchanter's-nightshade Circaea alpina, also have important British occurrences here.
- Conversely, although full sun throughout the yard sounds like paradise, other gardeners may want to add raised beds in shady areas to grow ferns, astilbe, impatiens and other flowers that love shade.
- The leaves of jewelweed (Impatiens spp.), which often grows near poison ivy, may neutralize the poison-ivy allergen if rubbed on the skin right after contact.
- Clianthus Clivia Cobaea* Coleus Coprosma Cordyline Correa Cuphea Cyclamen Cyperus Cytisus Darwinia (Genetyllis) Diosma Dracaena Eccremocarpus* Epacris Epiphyllum Erica Eriostemon Erythrina Eucalyptus Eupatorium Eurya Ficus Fuchsia Grevillea Haemanthusf Heliotropium Hibiscus Hoya* Hydrangea Impatiens Jasminum * Justicia Kalosanthes Lachenaliaf Lantana Lapageria * Liliumt Lophospermum* Mandevillea* Manettia* Mutisia* Myrsiphyllum* Maurandya * Nerinef Nerium Pelargonium Petunia Pimelia Plumbago* Polianthesf Primula Rhododendron Richardia (Calla) f Salvia Sarracenia Solanum Sparmannia Statice Strelitzia Streptocarpus Swainsonia Tacsonia* Tecoma Tradescantia Vallotaf Spring Bedding.
- In respect to positive affinities, Sir Joseph Hooker pointed out some relations with the flora of tropical Africa as evidenced by the prevalence of such genera as Grewia and Impatiens, and the absence, common to both countries, of oaks and pines which abound in the Malayan archipelago.Advertisement
- Thus, in many Caryophyllaceae, as Polycarpon and Holosteum, while the calyx and corolla are pentamerous, there are only three or four stamens and three carpels; in Impatiens Noli-me-tangere the calyx is composed of three parts, while the other verticils have five; in labiate flowers there are five parts of the calyx and corolla, and only four stamens; and in Tropaeolum pentaphyllum there are five sepals, two petals, eight stamens and three carpels.
- Typically, peonies, iris, hollyhocks, pinks and foxglove are used in a cottage garden, alongside old favorites such as geraniums, petunias, marigolds, impatiens and begonias.
- Annual summer flowers such as impatiens and begonias hail from warm, tropical climates.
- Other new flowers include hybrid Echinacea, sweet peas, a lime colored petunia, more sunflowers, and impatiens to grow from seed.
- The sap of the jewelweed plant (Impatiens capensis) is thought to be helpful in binding to and removing urushiol from skin.Advertisement