Impassive sentence example
- He kept his own features impassive, but Vara's words pierced him to the core.
- Is there anything at all behind that impassive face?
- He was evidently distressed, and breathed painfully, but could not restrain the wild laughter that convulsed his usually impassive features.
- Wynn's gaze was on the figures across the lake, his impassive features bathed in green light.
- Those who came in contact with him noticed a transformation in his character; he tried to hide his natural sensibility under an impassive exterior, and concealed his political ambitions.Advertisement
- The old man was still sitting in the ornamental garden, like a fly impassive on the face of a loved one who is dead, tapping the last on which he was making the bast shoe, and two little girls, running out from the hot house carrying in their skirts plums they had plucked from the trees there, came upon Prince Andrew.
- Gabriel sensed her emotions, even if she tried to keep her face impassive.
- Prince Andrew gazed with anxious curiosity at that impassive face and wished he could tell what, if anything, this man was thinking and feeling at that moment.
- Bagration, a gaunt middle-aged man of medium height with a firm, impassive face of Oriental type, came out after the commander-in-chief.
- It's not easy to get across different reactions when your voice has to remain utterly impassive, yet he managed it.Advertisement
- He searched Death's impassive features.
- But he would remain quite impassive, holding her arms at her side until she calmed down, but never hit her.
- Robert seems almost as impassive toward this sister as he is to his father's rejection.
- That this impassive sage was a being not to be found among living men the later Stoics at least were fully aware.