Immunosuppressed sentence example
- In cases where the patient is either immunocompromised or immunosuppressed, a life-threatening aplastic crisis can occur.
- Children with burns, eczema, or diaper rash or those who are immunosuppressed are highly susceptible to the herpes virus.
- The development of FUO in certain settings, such as when it is acquired by patients in the hospital or in immunosuppressed individuals with a low white blood count, often needs rapid treatment to avoid serious complications.
- Pneumocystis carinii causes pneumonia in immunosuppressed individuals such as patients being treated with chemotherapy or people with AIDS.
- Both types of influenza vaccine may be administered to family members of immunosuppressed patients, as long as the patients do not require a protected environment, although the killed virus vaccine is preferred for this purpose.Advertisement