Immunodeficient sentence example
- However, the prognosis for immunodeficient patients is not as positive.
- Researchers have found that giving artificial CD40 ligand to specially bred immunodeficient mice improves their ability to make IgA and IgG antibodies.
- Treatment will also focus on controlling infections in immunodeficient children.
- Immunodeficiency cannot be prevented; however, challenges to the immune system can be reduced and infections avoided in immunodeficient individuals.
- However, in the very young or very old or immunodeficient, Staphylococcus aureus has a death rate of 30 to 40 percent.Advertisement
- Pneumocystis carinii-An organism that causes pneumonia in immunodeficient individuals, such as people with AIDS.
- Immunodeficient individuals are at higher risk for infection with Pneumocystis carinii and are frequently put on a regular preventive drug regimen of trimethoprim sulfa and/or inhaled pentamidine to avoid pneumocystis pneumonia.
- Not all children who have repeat infections are immunodeficient.