Immunodeficiencies sentence example
- International Patient Organization for Patients with Primary Immunodeficiencies.
- The term primary means that the disorder is present from birth, in contrast to secondary immunodeficiencies (such as AIDS), which are acquired later in life by previously healthy persons.
- Intravenous immunoglubulin (IVIG) has been the mainstay of treatment for a number of primary immunodeficiencies since it was first approved by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) in the early 1980s.
- They account for 50 percent of all primary immunodeficiencies and are the largest group of immunodeficiency disorders.
- Regular medical observation, treatment of symptoms, and appropriate immune system boosting usually produces a good result in children with immunodeficiencies.Advertisement
- In children, cystic fibrosis, aspiration problems, immunodeficiencies, and congenital or acquired lung malformation may increase the risk of pneumonia from S. pneumoniae.
- These immunodeficiency disorders are also called primary immunodeficiencies.
- Congenital immunodeficiencies may occur as a result of defects in B lymphocytes, T lymphocytes, or both.
- About 50,000 new cases of congenital immunodeficiencies are diagnosed in the United States each year.
- Primary or congenital immunodeficiencies are genetic and are not preventable by avoidance of exposures or by dietary measures.Advertisement
- In general, people with immunodeficiency disorders should maintain a healthy diet because malnutrition can aggravate immunodeficiencies.