Immovably sentence example
- 21, d) - such as may be noticed in the majority of the Lepidoptera - whose appendages are closely and immovably pressed to the body by a general hardening and fusion of the cuticle.
- Appendages of 2nd pair folding in a horizontal plane, completely chelate, the claw immovably united to the sixth segment.
- Remaining pairs of appendages with their basal segments immovably fixed to the sternal surface, similar in form, the posterior three pairs furnished with two claws supported on long stalks; the basal segments of the 6th pair bearing five pairs of tactile sensory organs or malleoli.
- The prosoma and opisthosoma were broadly confluent and probably immovably welded together.
- The under jaws are hinged on to the quadrate bones, which extend obliquely backwards, and are immovably wedged in between the squamosal and the lateral occipital wings.Advertisement
- Throughout July and August the two armies faced each other immovably.
- In April the Pavlograds were stationed immovably for some weeks near a totally ruined and deserted German village.
- Appendages of 3rd, 4th, 5th and 6th pairs similar in form; their basal segments in contact in the middle line and immovably welded, except those of the 3rd pair, which have been pushed aside so that the bases of the 2nd and 4th pairs are in contact with each other.
- Immovably entrenched behind their privileges, they rendered him only the minimum of service; but he compelled their representatives, assembled at Kassa, to recognize his daughter Maria and her affianced husband, Count Sigismund of Brandenburg, as their future king and queen by locking the gates of the city and allowing none to leave it till they had consented to his wishes (1374).