Immotile sentence example
- Thus, although isogamy consists in typical cases of a union of naked motile gametes by a fusion which begins at the beaked ends, and results in the formation of an immotile spherical zygote surrounded by a cell-wall, in Leptosira it is noticeable that the fusion begins at the blunt end; in a species of Chlamydomonas the two gametes are each included in a cell-wall before fusion; and in many cases the zygote retains for some time its motility with the double number of cilia.
- The asexual cells are immotile spores arising in fours in sporangia from superficial cells of the thallus.
- Until the recent discovery by Williams of motility, by means of a single cilium, of the antherozoids of Dictyota and Taonia, they were believed to be immotile bodies, like the male cells of red seaweeds.
- While many forms are fixed to the substratum, others are free, being in this condition either motile or immotile.
- The cause of this luminosity is Micrococcus phosphorens, an immotile round, or almost round organism.Advertisement