Immobilize sentence example
- Casts are generally used to immobilize a broken bone.
- Splinting is also used to immobilize an injured arm or leg immediately after an injury.
- Splinting to immobilize a fracture can be done with or without traction.
- They can be used in an emergency to immobilize the arm until a doctor can see the child.
- In this activity, students immobilize the lactase in calcium alginate beads held within a small column, over which the milk is passed.Advertisement
- Splint-A thin piece of rigid or flexible material that is used to restrain, support, or immobilize a part of the body while healing takes place.
- The goal is to realign or immobilize the part or to relieve pressure on that particular area to promote healing and restore function.
- A splint is often used to immobilize a dislocated joint while it heals.
- The fact that functional bracing does not immobilize the joints adjacent to the fracture makes early restoration of motion possible.