Immanuel sentence example
- 8 for "of thy land, 0 Immanuel," we should probably read "of the land, for God is with us."
- The talismanic name Immanuel became the nucleus out of which the later Messianic prophecies of Isaiah grew.
- Small coteries of Jewish minor poets and philosophers were formed, and men like Kalonymos and Immanuel - Dante's friend - shared the versatility and culture of Italy.
- Immanuel Kant was struck by them in 1763, but in 1765, after further inquiries, concluded that two of them had "no other foundation than common report (gemeine Sage)."
- The Evangelical Lutheran Immanuel Synod came into being in 1864, and has a membership of 5300 with 13 ordained pastors.Advertisement
- His Son, Johann Ernst Immanuel (1725-1778), studied Semitic languages at Jena, and also natural science and mathematics.
- Buffon, in a cautious, tentative fashion, suggested rather than stated the mutability of species and the influence of the forces of nature in moulding organisms. Immanuel Kant, in his Theory of the Heavens (1755), foreshadowed a theory of the development of unformed matter into the highest types of animals and plants, and suggested that the gradations of structure revealed by comparative anatomy pointed to the existence of blood relationship of all organisms, due to derivation from a common ancestor.
- The younger, Immanuel, was born on the 24th of September 1816.
- But at the same time the philosophers Immanuel Fichte and Friedrich Schelling were creating a wide and deep impression.
- When in 734-733 B.C. Ahaz, king of Judah, alarmed at the preparations made against him by the Syro-Ephraimitish alliance, was inclined to seek aid from Tiglath-pileser of Assyria, the prophet Isaiah endeavoured to allay his fear by telling him that the danger would pass away, and as a sign from Yahweh that this should be so, any young woman who should within the year bear a son, might call his name Immanuel in token of the divine protection accorded to Judah.Advertisement
- Concise military accounts of the first war in all theatres are Boucabeille's Guerre Turco balkanique and Immanuel's Balkankrieg.
- The city has two fine parks, a Carnegie library, a Federal building, the Immanuel and St Joseph hospitals, two commercial colleges, and a state normal school (1868).
- The collation of this manuscript by Immanuel Bekker first placed the textual criticism of Demosthenes on a sound footing.
- The philosophical world into which Immanuel Kant entered was one riven by apparently irresolvable contradictions.
- The leader in speculative philosophy is Immanuel Kant, though he includes many agnostic elements, and draws the inference (which some things in the letter of Butler might seem to warrant) that the essence of Christianity is an ethical theism.Advertisement
- God's presence was to abide in Jerusalem, and, as the century drew near its close, " Immanuel " became the watchword and talisman of a strong faith that God would never permit Jerusalem to be captured by the Assyrians.
- The hopes expressed in the word Immanuel, " God with us," were to become embodied in a personality of the royal seed of David, an ideal righteous ruler who was to bring peace to the war-distraught realm.
- Transcendental Thomism claims to be a more in depth presentation of the human knower than was achieved by Immanuel Kant.