Imipramine sentence example
- Tofranil contains a substance called imipramine which is used to treat depression.
- The tricyclic antidepressant imipramine reduces bowel activity and may be helpful when diarrhea is the significant problem.
- Imipramine helps with anxiety and depression and is used when stimulant medication fails to get a response or it not appropriate to be given.
- Examples of antidepressants used for pain management are imipramine (Tofranil) and amitriptyline (Elavil).
- Among the drugs commonly used are a nasal spray of desmopressin acetate (DDAVP), a substance similar to the hormone that helps regulate urine production; and imipramine hydrochloride, a drug that helps to increase bladder capacity.Advertisement
- Studies show that imipramine is effective for as many as 50 percent of patients.
- Antidepressants that have been shown to have analgesic (pain reducing) properties include amitriptyline (Elavil), trazodone (Desyrel), and imipramine (Tofranil).
- They include amitriptyline, desipramine, imipramine, nortriptyline, and trimipramine.
- The most commonly used ones are nortriptyline (Pamelor), desipramine (Elavil), and imipramine (Tofranil).
- Antidepressants commonly used to treat bulimia include desipramine (Norpramin), imipramine (Tofranil), and fluoxetine (Prozac).Advertisement