Imbroglio sentence example
- The curious imbroglio deceived royalists and republicans alike.
- He skilfully avoided entanglement in the Jackson-Calhoun imbroglio.
- The accession of his cousin, Louis of Orleans, under the title of Louis XII., only involved the kingdom still further in this Italian imbroglio.
- The Somali imbroglio was different; branded as racist and maverick the Airborne Regiment was disbanded and disgraced.
- Some confusion between Abash (Abyssinia) and Abhas seems to be possibly at the bottom of the imbroglio.Advertisement
- Licensing arrangements for the Postcode address File are only one part of the addressing imbroglio.
- By sheer tenacity of purpose, Bestuzhev had extricated his country from the Swedish imbroglio; reconciled his imperial mistress with the courts of Vienna and London, her natural allies; enabled Russia to assert herself effectually in Poland, Turkey and Sweden, and isolated the restless king of Prussia by environing him with hostile alliances.
- The hostile action of Denmark enabled him honourably to emerge from the inglorious Polish imbroglio, and he was certain of the zealous support of his own people.
- He directed the peace negotiations with Spain after the war of 1898, and not only secured American interests in the imbroglio caused by the Boxers in China, but grasped the opportunity to insist on "the administrative entity" of China; influenced the powers to declare publicly for the "open door".