Imbricate sentence example
- Thus, in Malvaceae the corolla is contorted and the calyx valuate, or reduplicate; in St John's-wort the calyx is imbricate, and the corolla contorted.
- With very few exceptions, the integuments form imbricate scalelike folds arranged with the greatest regularity; they are small and pluriserial on the upper parts of the body and tail, large and uniserial on the abdomen, and generally biserial on the lower side of the tail.
- The leaves are small and imbricate, and are borne on flattened branches, which are apt to be mistaken for the leaves.
- This aestivation is imbricate.
- This variety of imbricate aestivation has been termed cochlear.Advertisement
- 47 a section is given of the bud of Antirrhinum majus, showing the imbricate spiral arrangement.
- In Convolvulaceae, while the corolla is twisted, and has its parts arranged in a circle, the calyx is imbricate, and exhibits a spiral arrangement.