Imari sentence example
- To the norti of Nagasaki are the bays of Hakata, Karatsu and Imari.
- The porcelains of Arita were carried to the neighboring town of Imari for sale and shipment.
- The Imari ware, even though its thick biscuit and generally ungraceful shapes be omitted from the account, shows no enamels that can rival the exquisitely soft, broken tints of the famille rose; and the Kakiemon porcelain, for all its rich though chaste contrasts, lacks the delicate transmitted tints of the shell-like kwan-yao.
- He was intrigued when Keller picked up a special old Imari pot.
- A great deal has been said by enthusiastic writers about the famille chrysanthemoponienne of Imari and the genre Kakiemon of Nabeshima, but these porcelains, beautiful as they undoubtedly are, cannot be placed on the same level with the kwan-yao and famille rose of the Chinese experts.Advertisement