Illumined sentence example
- Both worlds are illumined by thy rays.
- The cruel lightning of the sword of Brennus had illumined the night, setting Rome or Delphi on fire.
- We have shown that the direct observation of the origin of new characters in palaeontology brings them within that domain of natural law and order to which the evolution of the physical universe conforms. The nature of this law, which, upon the whole, appears to be purposive or teleological in its operations, is altogether a mystery which may or may not be illumined by future research.
- The sudden and unpremeditated wish represented by the former is wholly inferior in character to the free choice of the latter, guided and illumined by intelligence.
- A shadow that is not illumined until the end, when the clarity of understanding is drawn from that suggestive gloom.Advertisement
- The true soul is the fully illumined mind, set on fire with love and likened to Sol, the Sun.
- * (2) Whose flames illumined his route.