Illumined sentence example
- Both worlds are illumined by thy rays.
- The cruel lightning of the sword of Brennus had illumined the night, setting Rome or Delphi on fire.
- We have shown that the direct observation of the origin of new characters in palaeontology brings them within that domain of natural law and order to which the evolution of the physical universe conforms. The nature of this law, which, upon the whole, appears to be purposive or teleological in its operations, is altogether a mystery which may or may not be illumined by future research.
- the partially illumined portion - is called the penumbra.
- mercifully grant, that as these lights enkindled with visible fire dispel nocturnal darkness, so our hearts illumined by invisible fire," &c. (Missale Rom.).Advertisement
- The sudden and unpremeditated wish represented by the former is wholly inferior in character to the free choice of the latter, guided and illumined by intelligence.
- he desired to retain the best elements of the humanist revival in harmony with Catholic orthodoxy illumined by a revived appreciation of the Augustinian doctrine of justification.
- illumined heart shall become a pure mirror reflecting the images of all the worlds.
- A shadow that is not illumined until the end, when the clarity of understanding is drawn from that suggestive gloom.
- illumined only by the terrible flames of the cremation pyres.Advertisement
- The true soul is the fully illumined mind, set on fire with love and likened to Sol, the Sun.
- * (2) Whose flames illumined his route.
- one in course of being illumined.
- illumined master soul.
- illumined the world.Advertisement