Ill-timed sentence example
- Alongside of such want of firmness as this were, however, to be found such measures of ill-timed repression as the order given in 1860 to the agricultural society not to discuss the question of the settlement of the peasants on the land.
- The Radicals alone, owing to their ill-timed criticism on the private relations of the imperial family, and their continued opposition to the army, were excluded.
- His sword defended him as if possessed, yet when he went to strike, he found his blows ill timed and clumsy.
- This ill-timed parsimony reacted injuriously upon Polish politics.
- It was all-important that whatever victories Garibaldi might win should be won for the Italian kingdom, and, above all, that no ill-timed attack on the Papal States should provoke an intervention of the powers.Advertisement
- Malouet, and it was regarded, even by moderate men, as ill-timed.
- The progress of events during the next few years proved that the recall of the governor had been ill-timed.