Ill-suited sentence example
- In the Alleghenies, in 1799, he planned a settlement in what is now Cambria county, Pennsylvania, and bought up much land which he gave or sold at low prices to Catholic immigrants, spending $150,000 or more in the purchase of some 20,000 acres in a spot singularly ill suited for such an enterprise.
- latitudes ill-suited for the growth of wheat.
- ill-suited for modern life.
- This makes single inheritance particularly ill-suited to UI frameworks.
- Such an approach is supremely ill-suited to the plural world which globalization has created.Advertisement
- As the plough is ill-suited to the rugged surface of the land, the ground is usually turned up with the spade, care being taken not to destroy the roots of the grass, as hay is the principal crop. Horses and cows are few, and the cows give little milk, in consequence of the coarse hay upon which they are fed.
- Next year he was returned to parlement by the arrondissement of Pontarlier; but the work of legislation was ill-suited to him.
- The mountainous country, ill-suited for agricultural purposes, was well adapted for these hardy warriors,whose training was Spartan in its simplicity and severity.
- It had been found by experience that the charta Augusta was, from its fineness and porous nature, ill suited for literary use; it was accordingly reserved for correspondence only, and for other purposes was replaced by the new paper.
- Her first recorded appearance on the stage was in 1665 as Cydaria, Montezuma's daughter, in Dryden's Indian Emperor, a serious part ill-suited to her.Advertisement
- The result is TECHNOLOGY centered systems that generate failures because they are so ill-suited to the work at hand.
- Harrison's aging hero also seems ill-suited to tackling heavily-armed henchmen and relies a little too heavily on past movie characterisations.
- ill-suited scheme gaining too much of a head of steam.
- It is no longer possible to maintain the plausible and damaging contention that the Revised Bible is ill suited for public use.
- "Lift it two lines more and it will be just right," cried he in a feeble voice to which he tried to impart a dashing note, ill-suited to his weak figure.Advertisement
- Wigs that are too large will bunch up around the scalp, making your false hair appear "big" and ill-suited to your face.
- Unfortunately, when it comes to functionality, consumers who have reviewed the product on Amazon seem to agree that the spot scrubber is ill suited for cleaning up those tough stains and spills.