Ill-prepared sentence example
- The frightened creature is as ill prepared for the season as I and scurries about frantically in the deepening snow in search of sustenance.
- Actually, a protected childhood probably left her ill prepared for socializing.
- Even so, she was ill-prepared for Ed's response.
- That said, she was ill prepared for the reaction she got from Alex when he saw the puppy.
- The difficulties he encountered in producing it were very great, for the foundations had been ill-prepared b3 his predecessors, and he was obliged to be artisan and architect at the same time.Advertisement
- But the Free State was at that time ill prepared for a trial of strength, and at Mr Stanley's suggestion the bold course was taken of appointing Tippoo-Tib governor of Stanley Falls, as the representative of King Leopold.
- Barnardo's believes a childhood dominated by institutional care can leave young disabled people ill-prepared for an independent life in the community.
- On top of these regular humbling experiences, clubs are often ill-prepared to cater for our large number of traveling fans.
- It all seemed so ill-prepared, a kids ' pleasure trip up the river at last minute, how lame.
- On Saturday we had silly games, then Mike went on a pub crawl and Steve went on a woefully ill-prepared walk.Advertisement
- Politics will remain in a state of stasis as long as society feels so ill-prepared to deal with change.
- Assyria, therefore, was ill prepared to face the hordes of Scythians - or Manda, as they were called by the Babylonians - who now began to harass the frontiers.
- This was an ephemeral success, ill-prepared and obtained by taking a sudden advantage of national sentiment; it was soon followed by a check, owing to a Russian and German coalition and the baseness of Cardinal Fleury, who, in order to avoid intervening, pretended to tremble before an imaginary threat of reprisals on the part of England.
- Test Six Results Our team 's delicate sensibilities meant that they were ill prepared for the deluge of filth that poured onto their monitors.
- Some people would say that engaged couples are ill-prepared for the inevitable ups and downs that come with married life.Advertisement
- Some will find themselves ill-prepared to meet the needs of their new charge, become discouraged with the amount of care and training needed, and end up dropping the dog off at a shelter.