Ill-natured sentence example
- These were mostly ill-natured, and mostly have a merely local application.
- Only the interest of the matter prevents one from thinking of Rivarol's ill-natured remark upon Condorcet, that he wrote with opium on a page of lead.
- Modius Salium, a Collection of Pieces of Humour, chiefly ill-natured personal stories, was published at Oxford in 1751, 12mo.
- Pelletan's indiscreet speeches did him no good; and he became a common subject for ill-natured caricatures.
- His very proper unwilli gness to stoop to deny an accusation, that would have been .o disgraceful if it had been true, made ill-natured and silly.Advertisement
- From the scanty and ill-natured notices of his opponents (Anselm and Abelard), we gather that he refused to recognize the reality of anything but the individual; he treated " the universal substance," says Anselm, as no more than " flatum vocis," a verbal breathing or sound; and in a similar strain he denied any reality to the parts of which a whole, such as a house, is commonly said to be composed.