Ill-luck sentence example
- But here again his usual ill luck attended him.
- Every species of good fortune was now to descend on the path of the man who had struggled against ill luck so long.
- But for the terrible and persistent ill-luck of Poland it is doubtful whether the "truce" of Andrussowo would ever have been signed.
- Chodkiewicz and Christian IV.) and partly to sheer ill-luck.
- The supposition that the tree was the source of Christ's crown of thorns gave rise doubtless to the tradition current among the French peasantry that it utters groans and cries on Good Friday, and probably also to the old popular superstition in Great Britain and Ireland that ill-luck attended the uprooting of hawthorns.Advertisement
- But he was far awaybeing at the moment on his return journey from Jerusalemwhile on the spot was his brother Henry, an ambitious prince, whose previous efforts to secure himself a territorial endowment had failed more from ill-luck than from want of enterprise or ability.
- Woe betide those who did pick it, for ill luck would follow, troubling the whole house.
- In recorded Christian history, the Last Supper stands out as visible testimony to the ill luck of bringing thirteen people together to share a meal (12 disciples plus Christ).