Ill-equipped sentence example
- While depression is a well-known illness, many people feel ill-equipped to discern between common sadness and a condition requiring medical attention.
- Alan Ruck: Alan is not as familiar as Walter Koenig and Nichelle Nichols, but fans will recognize him as the ill-equipped captain of the Enterprise in the movie Generations.
- Dean guessed she had been pampered and protected all of her life and was now ill equipped to function independently.
- While her writing demonstrates education, most likely her background ill equipped her for the practical realities of the real world.
- But the army was ill-equipped and unprepared; and Potemkin in an hysterical fit of depression gave everything up for lost, and would have resigned but for the steady encouragement of the empress.Advertisement
- Louis at once formed a camp at Tolna, whence he issued despairing summonses to the lieges, and, by the middle of August, some 25,000 ill-equipped gentlemen had gathered around him.
- Roads were untrustworthy, rivers swelled suddenly, advance and retreat were conditioned and compelled, especially in the case of the ill-equipped Confederates, by the exigencies of food supply.
- Several ambitious but ill-equipped Russian expeditions sailed for Arctic regions in 1912, but came to grief and accomplished little or nothing.
- This woman lying next to me whom I dearly loved deserved protection and I was ill equipped to provide it.
- Though the latter territory may be understated by many preschool curricula, this site makes the argument that children struggling with these areas may be ill-equipped for more advanced school work.Advertisement
- The Parisians were ill-equipped and ill-led, and on the 13th of Vendemiaire (October 5) their insurrection was quelled almost without loss to the victors.