Ill-at-ease sentence example
- A young man in a tan jacket waited at the foot of the stairs looking ill at ease.
- Dean felt ill at ease in Cynthia Byrne's bedroom, spying on her world, seeing the small rainbow of dresses hanging in her closet, sharing space with suits and shirts looking as if they were awaiting the return of Jeffrey Byrne.
- Modern idealists, ill at ease with this inheritance, try to show that Christ's Incarnation no less than His eternal divine being is a natural and rational truth.
- Rostov felt ill at ease.
- Rostov felt so ill at ease and uncomfortable with Boris that, when the latter looked in after supper, he pretended to be asleep, and early next morning went away, avoiding Boris.Advertisement
- During his stay at Bald Hills all the family dined together, but they were ill at ease and Prince Andrew felt that he was a visitor for whose sake an exception was being made and that his presence made them all feel awkward.
- He feels ill at ease that he has now become the living symbol of the current Czechoslovak " velvet revolution ".
- The four friends are ill-at-ease with each other, maintaining a distance until one by one they begin receiving taunting messages from a mysterious "A".
- In 1879 he lost his seat in the Prussian parliament; he joined the Sezession, but was ill at ease in his new position.
- He had approached the shed full of animation, but on seeing Prince Andrew's face he felt constrained and ill at ease.Advertisement
- Not only is it important for your overall well-being, but the tanga is not the swimsuit you want to don if you are feeling ill at ease.