Ilk sentence example
- Of a similar ilk are American band The Killers.
- But they would long to have someone of their own ilk to be alongside.
- It only really makes sense in Japanese -- English syllables are a very different ilk from their Japanese cousins.
- What Madonna and others of her ilk do arises from their own sensuality and is carried by their charisma.
- Prior to the Beatles and their ilk songs were predominantly written by predominantly male songwriters.Advertisement
- The idea of urban vigilantes challenging an untouchable crime boss was staid even then, following Double Dragon, Final Fight and their ilk.
- (4) Forsothe that ilk Ioon hadde cloth of the heeris of cameylis, and a girdil of skyn aboute his leendis; sothely his mete weren locustis, and hony of the wode.
- To define the moment of a force about an axis HK, we project the force orthogonally on a plane perpendicular to HK and take the moment of the projection about the intersection of ilK with the plane (see 4).
- As we ly thus, so sall ʒ e ly ilk ane; Henr.
- The same ilk of clues feature in the Greek myths, too.Advertisement
- Look at the crap we get fed about aliens and such ilk from Hollywood!
- This is supposed to provide gamers with some sort of grid-style simulation in the same ilk as a Sim City series title.
- Robin Hobbs' The Farseer Trilogy is of this ilk, with hero FitzChivalry FarSeer being taught only one half of his magical legacy, with predictably unfortunate results.
- Cotton camisoles, on the other hand, are of a more casual, laid back ilk.
- His forefathers were Gledstanes of Gledstanes, in the upper ward of Lanarkshire; or in Scottish phrase, Gledstanes of that Ilk.Advertisement
- The poem, entitled the Buke of the Howlat, written about 1450, shows his devotion to the house of Douglas: "On ilk beugh till embrace Writtin in a bill was 0 Dowglass, 0 Dowglass Tender and trewe!"