Ilion sentence example
- ILION, a village of Herkimer county, New York, U.S.A., about 12 m.
- A store was established on the present site of Ilion as early as 1816, but the village really dates from the completion of the Erie canal in 1825.
- Ilion is a part of the township of German Flats (pop. in 1900, 8663; in 1905, 9489), settled by Palatinate Germans about 1725.
- Here General Herkimer began his advance to raise the siege of Fort Schuyler (1777), and subsequently Ilion was the rendezvous of Benedict Arnold's force during the same campaign.
- 785), author of a lost history, translated into Syriac " the two books of the poet Homer on the Conquest of the city of Ilion."Advertisement