Ileum sentence example
- Inflammation of the terminal ileum may also occur however.
- Click here for answer This is gall stone ileus, a large pigmented stone having impacted in the mid ileum.
- This patient was discharged well after a proximal loop ileostomy and repair of the terminal ileum.
- Figure 3 Identification of the terminal ileum The distance can be measured.
- Laparotomy showed the proximal ileum and distal jejunum had prolapsed through a tear at the rectosigmoid junction.Advertisement
- Slit the antimesenteric border of the ileum with dissecting scissors to increase the its circumference.
- Crohn's Disease usually causes inflammation in the lower small intestine, known as the ileum.
- Swallowed infected sputum has resulted in spread to the Peyer's patches of the ileum.
- Diarrhea may occur temporarily especially if a long segment of ileum is used.
- Crohn 's Disease usually causes inflammation in the lower small intestine, known as the ileum.Advertisement
- Swallowed infected sputum has resulted in spread to the Peyer 's patches of the ileum.
- Terminal ileum: The last part of the ileum, where the small intestine joins the large intestine.
- Dr. Calman said that he would be advising Ministers that the distal ileum and thymus of calves should be proscribed as SBO.
- Necrotizing enterocolitis most commonly affects the ileum, the lower portion of the small intestine.
- However, gastric bypass relocates the stomach attachment to either the ileum or jejunum portion of the small intestine, which is much farther along the length of the intestine.Advertisement
- The alimentary,or intestinal, canal varies greatly in relative length and capacity in different mammals, and also offers manifold peculiarities of form, being sometimes a simple cylindrical tube of nearly uniform calibre throughout, but more often subject to alterations of form and capacity in different portions of its course - the most characteristic and constant being the division into an upper and narrower and a lower and wider portion, called respectively the small and the large intestine; the former being arbitrarily divided into duodenum, jejunum and ileum, and the latter into colon and rectum.
- The section most commonly affected is the distal ileum.
- This stoma is made using the ileum and is therefore called an ileostomy.