Ile-de-france sentence example
- The great governments were: Alsace, Saintonge and Angoumois, Anjou, Artois, Aunis, Auvergne, Beam and Navarre, Berry, Bourbonnais, Bourgogne (Burgundy), Bretagne (Brittany),, Champagne, DauphinC, Flandre, Foix, Franche-Comt, Guienne and Gascogne (Gascony), Ile-de-France, Languedoc, Limousin, Lorraine, Lyonnais.
- Picault, who acted as agent of the celebrated Mahe de la Bourdonnais, governor of the Ile de France (Mauritius), named the principal island Mahe and the group Iles de la Bourdonnais, a style changed in 1756, when the islands were renamed after Moreau de Sechelles, at that time controleur des finances under Louis XV.
- This drove the English king to put still further pressure on the enemy; in 1359 he led out from Calais the largest English army that had been seen during the war, devastated all northern France as far as Reims and the borders of Burgundy, and thencontinuing the campaign through the heart of the winterpresented himself before the gates of Paris and ravaged the Ile de France.
- In the I tth century the kings of that line possessed meagre domains scattered about in the Ile de France among the seigniorial possessions of Brie, Beauce, Beauvaisis and Valois.
- Not every province hosts roller coasters, and the highest concentration of thrill rides is in the north, particularly in the Ile-de-France and Picardie provinces (surrounding and just north of Paris).Advertisement
- Ile-de-France is home to both French Disneyland park as well as three smaller amusement parks, and Picardie is the location of both Parc Asterix and Parc Saint Paul, two of France's largest amusement parks.