Idlers sentence example
- And only idlers have failed to beat the Germans.
- Here the local authorities had their offices, justice was administered, traders trafficked, citizens and idlers gathered.
- While Johnson was busied with his Idlers, his mother, who had accomplished her ninetieth year, died at Lichfield.
- Not only the workmen and the large class of idlers attracted to Paris by the system, but rentiers and government officials, whose incomes were paid in assignats on a scale arbitrarily fixed by the government, saw themselves threatened with actual starvation.
- What is annually saved is as regularly consumed as what is spent, but by a different set of persons, by productive labourers instead of idlers or unproductive labourers; and the former reproduce with a profit the value of their consumption.Advertisement
- ringleader of the group of ' idlers ' that is in mind.
- The feeling described in that fine but gloomy paper which closes the series of his Idlers seemed to grow stronger in him as his last hour drew near.
- There was thus quite an army of impudent swaggering idlers roaming about the country and 1 The O'Neills who played such an important part in later Irish history do not take their name from Niall Noigiallach, though they are descended from him.
- Like all quacks they gather a crowd of slaves, children, women and idlers.
- And not only do they become idlers, but also gossips and busybodies, saying things they ought not to.Advertisement
- Some think this may be the ringleader of the group of ' idlers ' that is in mind.