Idealize sentence example
- Guelph aemocracy and industry idealize the pope.
- He was an idealist, but while other idealists idealize the nobler elements in human nature, so has he, for the most part - the later books, however, show improvement - idealized the elements that are bestial.
- idealize images of sexual encounters portrayed daily, which can put pressure on young people.
- We see this in Pisces' desire to idealize their partners.
- Whether fairly or not, women with this placement are sometimes seen as hypochondriacs, and the men tend to idealize their wives.Advertisement
- Ghibelline aristocracy and immobility idealize the emperor.
- When the narratives describe the life of the young David at the court of the first king of the northern kingdom, when the scenes cover the district which he took with the sword, and when the brave Saul is represented in an unfavourable light, one must allow for the popular tendency to idealize great figures, and for the Judaean origin of the compilation.
- A comparison of the two records, however, is especially important for its illustration of the later tendency to idealize the figure of David, and the historical critic has to bear in mind the possibility that this tendency had begun long before the Chronicler's time, and that it may be found in the relatively older records preserved in Samuel.
- That the oldest of these three does not contain earlier attempts to idealize him is unlikely.
- At the same time we do our Jewish authorities no injustice in imputing to them the patriotic tendency to idealize the society, and thus offer to their readers something in Jewish life that would bear comparison at least with similar manifestations of Gentile life.Advertisement
- Both these stories appear to belong to a biography of Isaiah, and, like the similar biographies of Elijah and Elisha, are open to the suspicion that historical facts have been subordinated to idealize the work of the prophet.
- Pharisaic Judaism, put to the severest test to which a religious system has ever been subject, showed itself able to control and idealize life in all its phases.