Icosidodecahedron sentence example
- The icosidodecahedron or dyocaetriacontahedron (Gr.
- The truncated icosahedron is formed similarly to the icosidodecahedron, but the truncation is only carried far enough to leave the original faces hexagons.
- In the " great rhombicosidodecahedron " the dodecahedral faces are decagons, the icosahedral hexagons and the triacontahedral squares; this solid is sometimes called the " truncated icosidodecahedron."
- Other examples of reciprocal holohedra are: the rhombic dodecahedron and cuboctahedron, with regard to the cube and octahedron; and the semiregular triacontahedron and icosidodecahedron, with regard to the dodecahedron and icosahedron.
- Thus the faces of the cuboctahedron, the truncated cube, and truncated octahedron, correspond; likewise with the truncated dodecahedron, truncated icosahedron, and icosidodecahedron; and with the small and great rhombicosidodecahedra.Advertisement