Ichthammol sentence example
- Whether you're seeking a salve to cure boils, draw out splinters, or soothe a wasp sting, ichthammol salve provides natural relief.
- A staple of many natural first aid kits, ichthammol salve provides a time-honored treatment for minor skin irritations.
- Also called black drawing salve, ichthammol salve contains derivatives of sulfur-rich shale, mixed into a paraffin or beeswax base, to create a skin preparation.
- Drugs online medical information resource reports no known side effects, although infrequently, people report skin irritation as a side effect of using ichthammol salve.
- Ichthammol salve provides many benefits.Advertisement
- According to Prescription Drug Info, ichthammol provides antibacterial, anti-inflammatory and anti-fungal action.
- Look for preparations that contain 10 to 20 percent ichthammol.
- Use ichthammol to treat a variety of simple skin problems.
- Dry the area thoroughly and apply ichthammol salve to the boil.
- Cover with a bandage, since ichthammol can stain clothing.Advertisement
- Use ichthammol salve to draw out the splinter.
- Ichthammol salve draws out the spider poison.
- Ichthammol salve provides effective relief with few side effects.
- The active ingredient in black drawing salve is ichthammol.
- Ichthammol is a coal-tar derivative, and while natural in origin, is not an herbal remedy.Advertisement
- Its primary ingredient is ichthammol, which is derived from the distillation of oil shale.