Icel. sentence example
- Weihrauch; Old Saxon Wirec; Icel.
- gala, iula, geol, gehhol, gehhel; cognate forms are Icel, jol; Dan.
- It only occurs in Old English as a word borrowed from the Norse, the proper term in Old English being "theow" (peow); the Icel.
- In other cases, however, they are hardly to be distinguished from spirits (the Icel.
- Snite, Icel.Advertisement
- 1 The termination "wich " in English place-names often points to ancient salt manufacture - the word " wich " (creek, bay; Icel.
- MEW (Icel.
- dormeuse; Skeat suggests a connexion with Icel.
- The great bays on the west of the island (Faxafloi and Bre161fjor6r), 2 as well as the many bays on the north, which are 1 Jtikull, plural jtiklar, Icel.
- eoh, Icel.Advertisement
- Icel, their ancestor, may have been the founder of the kingdom, but nothing is known of him.