Ice-floes sentence example
- Thick clouds for the most part shut out the sun; while the cold current from the Sea of Okhotsk, aided by north-east winds, brings immense ice-floes to the east coast in summer.
- The seals (Pinnipedia) although capable of traversing long reaches of ocean, are less truly aquatic than the last two groups, always resorting to the land or to ice-floes for breeding.
- These massive 20 horsepower engines, acquired from London Railways were specially adapted to use propellers in moving the ships through broken ice floes.
- Weddell seals are seen quite frequently enjoying a snooze on the shores or on ice floes.
- A baby seal being clubbed to death on the Canadian ice floes.Advertisement