Ice-fields sentence example
- The problem of draining and utilizing these lands was not the only difficulty to be surmounted by the Hungarian engineers; the requirements of navigation and the necessity in winter of preventing the formation of large ice-fields, such as caused the disastrous floods at Budapest in 1838, had also to be considered.
- At Budapest, where the formation of ice-fields at the upper entrance of the two side arms of the Danube - the Promontor on the north, 20 m.
- What we are talking about here are not the polar ice caps or large ice fields.
- A central feature of their work will be the use of satellites to determine changes in the polar ice fields.
- polar ice caps or large ice fields.Advertisement