Ice-caps sentence example
- When the warmer interglacial periods recurred the polar and continental ice-caps melted and the sea-level became raised again - that is, there was submergence of the eroded plateaux formed as indicated above.
- melting of ice caps - the sea level would rise.
- What we are talking about here are not the polar ice caps or large ice fields.
- Beside, the ice caps are more like a winter frost than the ice caps you get on Earth.
- This would eventually cause the polar ice caps to melt, and thus generate an environment in which biological life could be sustained.Advertisement
- The ozone layer has been torn apart & the polar ice caps are melting.
- ozone layer has been torn apart & the polar ice caps are melting.
- polar ice caps or large ice fields.
- It has been suggested, however, that a prolonged period of volcanic activity may reduce the air temperature to a marked degree by throwing large quantities of dust into the atmosphere: this will act by preventing the penetration of solar radiation.) During a period of prolonged glaciation water becomes withdrawn from the ocean, for rainfall goes to form solid ice-caps that accumulate upon polar and continental land areas.
- Of the planet's water, 97.5 percent of it is salt water and of the 2.5 percent that is fresh, 2 percent of that is frozen in the polar ice caps.Advertisement
- Melting Glaciers - As the planet gets warmer, the glaciers that form the polar ice caps begin to melt.
- Some scientists believe that if the current rate of retreat continues, the polar ice caps will be gone by the year 2040.
- As the earth's temperature rises above normal levels, ice caps begin to melt and increase the chances of flooding.
- Some, like the melting polar ice caps are obvious, while others are still unknown.
- The West Coast of America will be destroyed by a series of earthquakes, volcanic eruptions, and the rising of the ocean due to polar ice caps melting.Advertisement
- I've been on snowshoes crunching through drifts while dictating scenes on frozen ice caps for my Star Wars books.