Icd sentence example
- A permanent pacemaker or implantable cardioverter defibrillator (ICD) is sometimes needed to regulate the child's heart rhythm.
- An ICD is a device used primarily to treat ventricular tachycardia and ventricular fibrillation, two life-threatening heart rhythms.
- The ICD constantly monitors the heart rhythm.
- When a very rapid, abnormal heart rhythm is detected, the ICD delivers energy to the heart muscle to cause it to regain a normal rhythm.
- Irritant contact dermatitis (ICD) is the more commonly reported of the two kinds of contact dermatitis, and is seen in about 80 percent of cases.Advertisement
- Most attacks of ICD are slight and confined to the hands and forearms but can affect any part of the body that comes in contact with an irritating substance.
- Jobs that require frequent skin exposure to water, such as hairdressing and food preparation, can make the skin more susceptible to ICD.
- Thin, moist, or already damaged skin is more susceptible to ICD than thick, dry, or intact skin.
- Symptoms range from mild to severe and resemble those of ICD.
- Moreover, patch testing works only with ACD, though it is considered an essential step in ruling out ICD.Advertisement