Ica sentence example
- (4) The next coast-section extends for over 300 m., from Chancay to Nasca, and includes the rivers of Chancay or Lacha, of Carabayllo, Rimac, Lurin, Mala, Canete, Chincha, Pisco or Chunchanga, Ica and Rio Grande.
- The valleys of Ica, Palpa, San Xavier and Nasca are rich and fertile, though they do not extend to the sea; but between Nasca and Acari there is a desert 60 m.
- Next in importance is cotton, which is grown along the greater part of the Peruvian coast, but chiefly in the departments of Piura, Lima and Ica.
- Grapes are produced in many of the irrigated valleys of the coast, such as Chincha, Lunahuana, Ica, Vitor, Majes, Andaray, Moquegua and Locumba, and the fruit is manufactured into wines and brandies.
- Gold is found in lodes and alluvial deposit; the former on the Pacific slope at Salpo, Otuzco, Huaylas, Yungay, Ocros, Chorrillos, Canete, Ica, Nasca, Andaray and Arequipa, and on the table-lands and Amazon slope at.Advertisement
- The principal copper-bearing districts are Chimbote, Cajamarca, Huancayo, Huaraz, Huallanca, Junin, Huancavelica, Ica, Arequipa, Andahuaylas and Cuzco - chiefly situated in the high, bleak regions of the Andes.
- There are cotton factories about Lima, at Ica and at Arequipa.
- Tickets for events can be purchased at the ICA box office (020 7930 3647) or by visiting their website.
- Dominic Smith works with live streaming in Micro Psychic, linking a clairvoyant in the northern seaside town of South Shields to the ICA.
- Also informed by his appearence on at the ICA on the panel debate dying of Consumption and lecturing at the Royal Institution.Advertisement
- Support comes from art rock punkers Clor who make a welcome return to the ICA and London based Athenian Gavouna.