Ibsen sentence example
- These are English philosophy in the writings of Herbert Spencer, French realism in the practice and the preaching of Zola, Norwegian drama mainly through Ibsen, and Danish criticism in the essays and monographs of Georg Brandes.
- Drama has rarely flourished in Sweden, but several of the poets mentioned above have written important plays, and, somewhat earlier, the socialistic problempieces of Anne Charlotte Edgren-Leffler, duchess of Cajanello (1849-1893), possessed considerable dramatic talent, working under a direct impulse from Ibsen; but her greatest gift was as a novelist.
- His susceptibility to new ideas is illustrated in such pieces as Mariana (1892), Mancha que limpia (1895), El Hijo de Don Juan (1892), and El Loco Dios (1900) these indicate a close study of Ibsen, and El Loco Dios more especially might be taken for an unintentional parody of Ibsen's symbolism.
- Here Henrik Ibsen, the dramatist, was born in 1828.
- Henrik Ibsen >>Advertisement
- His mother and siblings got caught up in evangelical revivalism to which Ibsen was intractably hostile.
- Under the lengthening shadow of Ibsen, an argument arose whether it was not a very nice thing to murder one's self.
- The latter won for its author the friendship of Ibsen and the enthusiastic admiration of Jonas Lie.
- Ibsen, Atlas anatomicus auris internae (Copenhagen, 1846); G.
- an orchestral and thematic texture as far removed from that of mere recitative as it is from the forms of the classical aria - the repetition of a whole sentence in order to form a firm musical close has almost as quaint a ring as a Shakespearean rhymed tag would have in a prose drama of Ibsen.Advertisement
- Meanwhile he had been developing his attack on the feminist movement, which had received a great stimulus in Scandinavia from the dramas of Ibsen.
- He was an early champion of Richard Wagner and of Henrik Ibsen, and indicated his aesthetic point of view in the pamphlets, The Quintessence of Ibsenism (1891) and The Perfect Wagnerite (1898).
- Under the lengthening shadow of Ibsen, an argument arose whether it was not a very nice thing to murder one 's self.
- Tomato Fest: A wealth of information and resources offering seeds from over 600 varieties of heirloom tomatoes, each hand-grown, tasted and indexed by owner Gary Ibsen.