Iberville sentence example
- The first European settlement in Mississippi was founded in 1699 by Pierre Lemoyne, better known as Iberville, at Fort Maurepas (Old Biloxi) on the north side of Biloxi Bay, in what is now Harrison county.
- Soon after Iberville had built Fort Maurepas (near the present city of Biloxi, Mississippi) in 1699, a fort was erected on the Mississippi river about 40 m.
- Jean Baptiste le Moyne, Sieur de Bienville (1680-1768), a brother of Iberville, was sent out as governor.
- of the Mississippi river, the Iberville river, and Lakes Maurepas and Pontchartrain was ceded to Great Britain.
- The family came from France, and settled in the district of Montmagny, and later removed to Iberville.Advertisement