Iambics sentence example
- Cicero, though he found fault with the iambics of the Latin comedians generally as abiecti, " prosaic" (Orator, lv.
- A description of Greece (150 iambics, in C. Muller, Frag.
- It is written in rhymeless five-foot iambics, and is altogether a product of the Renaissance, reminding us of some of the productions of George Buchanan.
- Nicephorus was also the author of lists of the emperors and patriarchs of Constantinople, of a poem on the capture of Jerusalem, and of a synopsis of the Scriptures, all in iambics; and of commentaries on liturgical poems.
- This I phigenie was, however, in prose; in the following year Goethe remoulded it in iambics, but it was not until he went to Rome that the drama finally received the form in which we know it.Advertisement
- 1.196), in his iambics.
- Amongst other works by him of which only fragments remain, collected in Muller, Fragmenta Historicorum Graecorum, may be mentioned: Xpovuck, a universal history from the fall of Troy to 144 B.C.; H€pe$ynocs, a gazetteer written in iambics; Hope Necuv, a work on the Homeric catalogue of ships; and a work on etymology ('ETVµoAoyiac).
- Some persons also attribute to him the following: Daughters of Proetus, Hopes, Hymns, Heroines, Dirges, Lyrics, Elegies, Iambics, Epigrams."