Hyrax sentence example
- That of the alpine zone includes two species of dassy (Pr ocavia), a coney (Hyrax), and a rat (Otomys).
- The gall-bladder is usually present in mammals, but is wanting in the odd-toed ungulates (Perissodactyla) and Procavia (Hyrax).
- These creatures have no proper English name, and are generally known as hyraxes, from the scientific term (Hyrax) by which they were for many years designated - a term which has unfortunately had to give place to the earlier Procavia.
- In the title "hyrax" they have, for instance, usurped the Greek name for the shrew-mouse; while in the Bible they have been given the old English name for the rabbit.
- The existence of paired caeca was previously known in a few armadillos and anteaters, but Dr Mitchell has shown that they are common in these groups, while he has also recorded their occurrence in the hyrax and the manati.Advertisement
- All game activities are included and species range from the Big Five to the tiny blue duiker and rock hyrax.
- I was in bed by 8.30, listening to the cackling of the tree hyrax, a noisy little cat-like creature.