Hypoplastic sentence example
- Although rare, hypoplastic left heart syndrome, a condition in which the left side of the heart is underdeveloped, is the most serious congenital cardiovascular defect.
- In hypoplastic left heart syndrome, the baby seems normal at birth, but as the ductus closes, blood cannot reach the aorta and circulation fails.
- If left untreated, hypoplastic left heart syndrome is always fatal.
- Hypoplastic left heart syndrome-ashen color, rapid and difficult breathing, and inability to eat.
- Hypoplastic left heart syndrome, in which the blood flow through the left side of the heart is obstructed, is the most common congenital heart defect that is a candidate for prenatal surgery.Advertisement
- Hypoplastic left heart syndrome is treated by passing a needle, guided by ultrasound, through the mother's abdominal wall, into the uterus and the fetal heart.
- Hypoplastic left heart syndrome is the most serious type of congenital heart disease.