Hypokalemia sentence example
- Potassium is generally used to treat hypokalemia, (potassium deficiency).
- Ileus can also be caused by kidney diseases, especially when potassium levels are decreased (a condition called hypokalemia).
- Treatment for hyperglycemia must be delivered carefully and with close monitoring to avoid the risk of hypokalemia (higher than normal serum levels of potassium) and subsequent cerebral edema.
- Insulin injections, while helping to normalize glucose production, also increase the risk of hypokalemia and abnormally low levels of glucose in the blood (hypoglycemia), the opposite of the hyperglycemic condition being corrected.
- It is possible, with the increased excretion of water and the accelerated metabolism of fat, to induce a state of hypokalemia, lack of potassium in the blood.Advertisement