Hypermetropia sentence example
- In hypermetropia the retina is in front of the principal focus of the eye.
- Such cases should be treated with convex lenses, which should be theoretically of such a strength as to fully correct the hypermetropia.
- Practically it is found that a certain amount of hypermetropia remains latent, owing to spasm of the accommodation, which relaxes only gradually.
- At first glasses may be given of such a strength as to relieve the troublesome symptoms; and the strength may be gradually increased till the total hypermetropia is corrected.
- Young adults with slighter forms of hypermetropia need glasses only for near work; elderly people should have one pair of weak glasses for distant and another stronger pair for near vision.Advertisement
- It is thought to be caused by hypermetropia and/or anisometropia as well as by the various types of squint.
- The maximum degree of manifest hypermetropia (longsightedness) permissible at entry is +1.50 dioptres.
- hypermetropia and/or anisometropia as well as by the various types of squint.
- Again, to obviate the necessity for excessive convergence of the eyes so common in hypermetropia, the centre of the pupil should be placed outside the centre of the corrective convex lenses; these will then act as prisms with their bases inwards.
- Presbyopia is arbitrarily said to commence at the age of forty, because it is then that the need of spectacles for reading is generally felt; but it appears later in myopia and earlier in hypermetropia.Advertisement