Hydroquinone sentence example
- All four mono-hydroxyxanthones are known, and are prepared by heating salicylic acid with either resorcin, pyrocatechin or hydroquinone; they are yellow crystalline solids, which act as dyestuffs.
- On fusion with caustic potash it decomposes with formation of tetrahydroxy-benzophenone, which then breaks up into resorcin and hydroquinone.
- Free hydroxylamine reduces it to hydroquinone.
- Quinhydrone, C 6 H40 2 -C 6 H 4 (OH) 2, is formed by the direct union of quinone and hydroquinone or by careful oxidation of hydroquinone with ferric chloride solution.
- On boiling with water it decomposes into quinone and hydroquinone.Advertisement
- Photographic developers often contain hydroquinone and these are also well worth investigating.
- In the alkaline environment of the urine, arbutin is converted into another chemical, called hydroquinone, which kills bacteria.
- These creams contain the chemical Hydroquinone, which is under question with the FDA for potentially causing cancer and other skin ailments.
- If they bother you, you can cover them with concealing makeup or try a gentle bleaching agent containing hydroquinone.
- For example, the C-Clarifying Serum contains 10 percent prescription strength vitamin C and four percent prescription strength hydroquinone to promote a brighter, more even skin tone.Advertisement
- Hydroquinone is listed as the first ingredient on the label.
- Hydroquinone, however, has been flagged by Good Guide as a chemical that can cause irritation.
- The active ingredients in the fading creams are hydroquinone for fading and the sunscreen octinoxate.
- If you want to hasten the process, use over-the-counter skin creams designed to lighten dark spots; many of these contain hydroquinone, a bleaching ingredient.
- While scars eventually fade on their own, people with deep complexions may want to speed the process along with products containing hydroquinone.Advertisement
- Over-the-counter skin bleaches don't contain as much of the active ingredient hydroquinone as prescription bleaches and may be used in less severe cases.