Hydrocephaly sentence example
- Most infants also develop hydrocephaly, an accumulation of excess fluid in the four cavities of the brain.
- Paralysis below the level of the abnormality and fluid on the brain (hydrocephaly) may contribute to the diagnosis.
- In cases in which there are no external findings, the diagnosis is more difficult and may not become evident until neurological abnormalities or hydrocephaly develop weeks, months, or years following birth.
- This deficit may result, in part, from hydrocephaly and/or infections of the nervous system.
- Although complications from paralysis, hydrocephaly, Chiari II malformation, and urinary tract deterioration threaten the well-being of the survivors, the outlook for normal intellectual function is good.Advertisement