Hyacinthus sentence example
- Hylas, like Adonis and Hyacinthus, represents the fresh vegetation of spring, or the water of a fountain, which dries up under the heat of summer.
- Being spurned by Hyacinthus, he caused his death by accident at the hands of Apollo.
- Besides these there are the various spring-flowering bulbs, such as the varieties of Hyacinthus, Tulipa, Narcissus, Fritillaria, Muscari or Grape Hyacinth, Crocus, Scilla, Chionodoxa and Galanthus or Snowdrop.
- Hyacinth (Hyacinthus) - The familiar garden Hyacinth is not generally included among hardy plants, though it is perfectly hardy, and when treated as it should be, most important.
- Hyacinthus Amethystinus - Though nearly related to H. azureus, is quite different, and flowers a month later and at a time when there is a dearth of flowers of this description in the hardy bulb garden.Advertisement