Hunkered sentence example
- She called to him as he hunkered down beside a rose bush with a few brown leaves clinging to it.
- A dark form hunkered before the fire, feeding small twigs to the flames.
- He shoved her against the wall, and she hunkered down.
- We also hunkered down that night - and like the Iraqis we thought it was going to begin with a massive thunderclap.
- She unfolded her jacket collar and hunkered down in the saddle, cold and miserable.Advertisement
- Carmen Pulock hunkered down into her heavy chore coat and scooted her chair closer to the potbellied stove.
- Lana hunkered against the mountain as the helicopter drew nearer.