Hundredweight sentence example
- The paper is fed from reels placed at the two ends in decks, one above the other, each reel containing about five miles of paper, and weighing about fourteen hundredweight.
- The heaviest bell, the ' tenor ', weighs 27 hundredweight, 2 quarters and 5 pounds and sounds a C sharp note.
- The mixed ore is conveyed to the works in wooden measures which ' hold a hundredweight each.
- I don't suppose he'll be so cheerful once he's moved four hundredweight of cast iron and driven back to St. Malo.
- It can also be called the long hundredweight to distinguish it from what the Americans call the short hundredweight, which is 100 lbs.Advertisement
- It takes a lot of pulling to raise several hundredweight by this amount.
- The engines did the whole journey on approximately seven and a half hundredweight of coal at a cost of 1s 9d per hw.
- If it does not weigh a hundredweight and won't break my neck...