Hunchback sentence example
- Rostov went on ahead to do what was asked, and to his great surprise learned that Dolokhov the brawler, Dolokhov the bully, lived in Moscow with an old mother and a hunchback sister, and was the most affectionate of sons and brothers.
- Victor Hugo also wrote The Hunchback of Notre Dame.
- His mother was Ida d'Ardenne, sister of the fourth Godfrey ("the Hunchback"),.
- Her appearance in The Hunchback of Notre Dame made her the first actress to earn ten million dollars for a movie role.
- Charles had previously contracted a union, probably of an irregular nature, with a Frankish lady named Himiltrude, who had borne him a son Pippin, the " Hunchback."Advertisement
- Then Bobby meets the shell-shocked, hunchback fire-eater of the title.
- I don't want to screw around and play against the big leagues in Philadelphia; all your friends with the crazy middle names like, 'The Shiv' and 'The Hunchback' and 'Three Fingers'â€”really neat nicknames like that.
- Something soft is of course nice, but not too soft, otherwise your muscles lose their tensile strength and you'll look like the hunchback of Notre Dame in a year's time.
- Kyphosis. Kyphosis is an abnormal outward curvature of the spine at the back, sometimes called hunchback when it occurs in the upper back.
- She had quite an extensive career with parts ranging from Esmeralda in The Hunchback of Notre Dame (1939) to The Last Dance (TV, 2000).Advertisement
- The cathedral of Notre Dame is a gothic building famed for its stunning architecture and involvement in the classic Victor Hugo novel about a hunchback living in its tower.
- After the attempt of Bean - who was a hunchback, really insane - parliament passed a bill empowering judges to order whipping as a punishment for those who molested the queen; but somehow this salutary act was never enforced.
- The culminating point of that part of the Carioca range which projects into and partly divides the city is the Corcovado (Hunchback), a sharp rocky peak 2329 ft.